The Monsupello agricultural company laid its foundations over a century ago, in 1893, when the Boatti family in the locality of Cà del Tava in the municipality of Oliva Gessi already dedicated themselves to the care of their own vineyards. In 1914 the Boattis purchased another estate called “Podere La Borla” in the municipality of Torricella Verzate, a few kilometers away. Here they set up the cellar, the same one that has today been strengthened and modernized for the winemaking of the grapes from the original farms and those gradually purchased.
In 1959, Carlo Boatti, gave further development to the company, modernized it by acquiring new land in the municipalities of Casteggio, Redavalle, Pietra de' Giorgi, redesigned the varietal structure with the introduction of new vines, implemented new cellar structures, created a modern winemaking, bottling and wine storage plant.
Today Monsupello is managed by Carlo's heirs, his wife Carla and their children Pierangelo and Laura Boatti, supported by a trained technical staff in the vineyard and cellar coordinated by the oenologist Marco Bertelegni.
The 50 hectares of owned vineyards, cultivated to have low yields of grapes per hectare, the manual harvest exclusively in boxes, the grape/wine yields lower than 55% are the commitment that Monsupello places to present structured and harmonious wines that can give to the consumer of emotions. The company is constantly evolving according to current market needs and is determined to continue the path started by Carletto, based on qualitative objectives that have brought it over time to the top of Italian oenology, with numerous awards from the various Guides.