Ancient history, that of Delamotte, deeply rooted in the splendid Champagne region, of which today it is one of the oldest representatives. In fact, the maison was founded in 1760 by François Delamotte in Reims. Subsequently, Alexandre, son of François, in turn bought a residence and cellars in Mesnil-sur-Oger, where the offices are still located. The eight-pointed cross was adopted as a brand thanks to the influence of his son Nicolas Louis, former knight of the Order of Malta, when the latter was dissolved due to Napoleon's conquest of the island. In 1927, the property was purchased by Marie-Louise de Nonancourt and until 1988 her son Charles managed the Maison with a very precise work philosophy, centered in particular on two golden rules: constant quality thanks to very limited productions and never have fewer than three collections aging in the cellar (vin de reserve). In 1988, the maison was purchased by the Laurent-Perrier group, together with the property which, from now on, would see its fate closely linked to that of Delamotte, the Champagne Salon Maison. Under the direction of the same man, Didier Depond, the two properties follow parallel paths. Delamotte is historically a Chardonnay specialist, finding itself in an ideal terroir such as the Côte de Blancs and more precisely it has been located, for more than two hundred years, in Mesnil-sur-Oger, part of a flagship denomination of the whole of Champagne. Here an essentially calcareous soil, called "Champagne crayeuse", is capable of giving the noble white vine great aromatic finesse and structure. It should be known that Salon grapes are often used by Delamotte, since the former, by choice, only makes wine in truly excellent years (37 out of the last 100).
Delamotte's wines, airy, complex, incisive, always make the choice to remain faithful to the territory of origin and to express all the purity of the Grand Crus with discretion and elegance.