x
Add to cart.
Total cart (0 products):
It lacks to free shipping
Etna rosso DOC "Contrada Calderara" Cottanera 2020
View larger

'Contrada Calderara' Etna Bianco DOC Cottanera 2022

Cottanera
Data sheet
Type
Type
Origin
Origin
Sicily
Appellation
Denomination
Etna DOC
Grapes
Grapes
Carricante 100%
Philosophy
Production philosophy
Traditional
Aging
Refinement
in large wooden barrel for 12 months
Vintage
vintage
2022
Alcoholic content
Alcohol content
12.5%
Bottle size
Format
75 cl bottle
Note
Note
Contains sulfites
Vinopuro Reference
Vinopuro Reference
VP029627
  • This product is no longer in stock
€ 27,80
DELUXE Gift Box of 1 bottle
DELUXE Gift Box of 1 bottle
(vedi)
€ 5,70 € 3,90

This product is currently not available, you may enter your e-mail address in the field below to receive notification when it is back in stock

Terms of use and Privacy conditions
Notify me when available
Vinopuro's advices
Recommended glass
Glass
Large Goblet
Glass
It is the perfect goblet for white wines with good structure and intensity; this type of wine certainly needs to "open" (that means to better develop its aromatic, intense and complex profile and this is possible by contact with oxygen (oxygenation) which, in fact, is facilitated by the generous dimensions of the chalice.
Serving temperature
Temperature
12-14 °C
Lifespan
Longevity
This wine is ready to be tasted now, with great satisfaction; however, it has qualities that allow it to evolve and refine over time, if properly stored, for at least another 2-3 years.
Pairing
Pairings
Smoked fish appetizers, White meat, Aged cheese, Grilled fish, Mushroom risotto
Description

Etna Bianco DOC Contrada Calderara is a white wine signed by the Cottanera winery, an important production reality in the area surrounding the Sicilian volcano. Obtained from the single-variety vinification of grapes of an autochthonous variety, the Carricante, this wine faithfully portrays this unique territory. The vines cultivated by the company, which can boast an age of almost 50 years, stand on volcanic soil and is located at an altitude of about 750 meters. The production process reflects the attention to the enhancement of the raw material: following pressing, the must is cold-macerated for a day. Fermentation takes place for 40% in French oak barrels, while for the remaining 60% in cement tanks. The same distinction will be maintained in the refinement phase, which takes place on fine skins for about a year. Etna Bianco DOC Contrada Calderara is an elegant wine, perfect to be drunk young, but which can evolve well if left to rest for up to 4/5 years in the cellar.

Technical specifications
Colour Color
Bright golden yellow.
Scent Perfume
complex e fruity, con sentori di vanilla.
Taste Taste
soft, persistent, fruity e savory.
Producer "Cottanera"
Cottanera
Region: Sicily (Italian wines)
Foundation year: 2000
Hectares of vines: 65
Annual production: 350,000 bottles
Winemaker: Lorenzo Landi
Address: Provincial Road, 89 - Contrada Iannazzo, 95030 - Castiglione di Sicilia (CT)
Customers who bought this product also bought:
  • -14%

    • In Stock
    € 14,20 € 12,20
    Lowest price: € 12,58 Info
  • -10%

    • In Stock
    € 59,90 € 53,90
    Lowest price: € 59,90 Info
  • -18%

    • In Stock
    € 21,70 € 17,70
    Lowest price: € 17,83 Info
  • -14%

    Veronelli89/100
    • In Stock
    € 13,50 € 11,50
    Lowest price: € 11,65 Info
  • -19%

    • In Stock
    € 57,00 € 46,00
    Lowest price: € 46,29 Info
  • -5%

    AIS 3/4
    Bibenda5/5
    Veronelli91/100
    Robert Parker92/100
    Wine Spectator92/100
    James Suckling93/100
    • In Stock
    € 59,00 € 56,00
    Lowest price: € 59,00 Info
  • -10%

    • In Stock
    € 61,00 € 54,89
    Lowest price: € 61,00 Info
Viewed products
Follow us on social networs to keep in touch

Vinopuro is a registered trademark. All right reserved. Copyright 2024
Even the partial reproduction of the material present on this website is forbidden
Mediaweb Group srl. VAT and Fiscal Number 05009740969
The information on Vinopuro.com may be modified without notice.